Posted on 22 December 2017
World-class golf courses, theme parks and shopping malls combine to make Orlando an enticing destination for overseas property buyers. Not forgetting the year-round sunshine that ensures a morning on the fairways or a day at Disney are such a pleasure. This list of the city’s world-class attributes is about to get even longer as it completes and makes further plans for $15 billion worth of investment in transportation infrastructure, competitive products and quality of life amenities.
Orlando’s forward-thinking approach comes at a time when US infrastructure is under the microscope. The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) recently reported that infrastructure is crumbling nationwide and investments are needed to compete globally for jobs.
So how is this money being used to maintain Orlando’s status as a world-class city?
- $2.3 million overhaul of Interstate 4 which connects the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean
- New $3.5 billion express train connecting Orlando to Miami
- $3.1 billion expansion of Orlando International Airport
- $1.6 million to complete Orlando’s beltway system
- $650 million expansion of Port Canaveral
- $800 million investment in SunRail, the city’s commuter rail system
- $50 million investment in a coast-to-coast bike trail
- $500 million Florida Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre
- $1 billion creative village at the upcoming $207 million University of Central Florida and Valencia College joint downtown campus
- $350 million health village at Florida Hospital
Quality of life amenities
- $488 million performing arts centre
- $207.7 million renovation of the Camping World Stadium
- $155 million renovation of the Orlando City (MLS) Soccer Stadium
- $200 million sports entertainment complex adjacent to the Amway Centre
Can you see yourself munching on a hotdog at an Orlando City MLS game, or taking in a show at the brand new Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Centre? You certainly won’t have any trouble getting to and from Orlando’s wide selection of attractions, facilities and amenities when you make the move to this progressive city in central Florida.
Find out how far your budget will stretch in Orlando by getting a free currency quote from Smart Currency Exchange.